Since graduating with my Ph.D. from The University of Tokyo’s Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, I have worked as a Sustainability Researcher and Project Specialist in TCO2 Co. Ltd in Japan and as a Researcher at Ritsumeikan University, Japan. I was also a Senior Consultant in Cimbria Consulting, Texas, USA, an Academic Researcher at the Department of Chemical Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University, Japan and Research Director at DEISO LLC., Japan.
Mahdi works on multidisciplinary research focusing on sustainability challenges. Particularly how to figure out realistic “win-win” solutions for today’s most complex environmental and sustainable development issues. His research framework utilizes interdisciplinary methodologies, life cycle thinking, and integrated approaches.
Research Interests: Sustainable Development, Cleaner Production, Industrial Ecology, Environmental Impact Assessment, Technology Evaluation, Waste Management & Utilization.
- Current Work Position: Research Director at DEISO (Integrated Environmental Sustainability Oriented Research and Development), Japan.
- Former Academic Researcher at the Department of Chemical Engineering, Graduate School of Engineering, Tohoku University, Japan.
- A former researcher at the Department of Environmental Systems Engineering, College of Science and Engineering, Ritsumeikan University (“Laboratory of Resource Circulation & Recycling Systems” and the “Sustainable Resource & Waste Management Laboratory”), Japan.
- Former Senior Consultant at Cimbria Consulting, Texas U.S.
- Former Sustainability Consultant and Researcher at TCO2 Co., Ltd., Japan.
- Ph.D. degree in Sustainability Science, Graduate School of Frontier Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Japan
- Master of Environmental Sciences, Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, University of Tsukuba, Japan.
- Bachelor of Electronics & Communication Engineering, Al-Ahliyya Amman University, Jordan.
- Offered the GPSS-GLI Fellowship at The University of Tokyo funded by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) of the Japanese government (2013-2016) to pursue doctoral research at the University of Tokyo, Graduate school of Frontier Science.
- Several awards by Publons of “the Top 1% peer reviewer” awards in the fields of Engineering; Energy; Environmental Ecology; Environmental Science; and Business Management and accounting.
- Award by Publons, the “top 6th prolific reviewer” for the Journal of cleaner production.
On a Personal Note
On a personal note, I am a tech geek. I love IT-related fields. Whenever I am away from my research activities, I try to learn something new in the field and follow advances in IT technology. I also enjoy photography and writing. I often take my camera and go hunting for the perfect shot. I love taking portrait photos and telling people’s stories. I am also a web designer. I enjoy designing and developing simple, clean, minimalist layouts that focus on content. I craft webpages on Mac or Windows using Sublime. Web design is just one of the many things I love about technology.
(Updated August 1, 2020)
Availability per type for new reviews
On the Academic Community
Other academic profiles.