Technical: • Scientific solid research skills • LCA • LCA Software (GaBi ts, SimaPro, MiLCA, openLCA, and Umberto LCA+) • Extensive knowledge and use of LCI databases (ecoenvint, IDEA, Carbon Minds, Agri-footprint, ESU World Food, LC-Inventories.ch, ProBas, worldsteel, and Ökobaudat databases) • Extensive knowledge and use of S-LCA databases (SOCA, PSILCA, and Social Hotspots databases) • Estimation of missing emission factors data • Computation of GHG emissions (Scopes 1-3) • Data analytics (quantitative and qualitative) • SDGs • Data management and quality assurance • Analytical thinking • Material Flow Analysis (MFA) • Total Material Requirement (TMR) • Substance Flow Analysis (SFA) • Chemical process engineering (process modeling and optimization) • Report writing skills • Engineering thinking skills.
IT-related: • Outstanding IT skills and knowledge • Cloud services (Google Cloud & AWS) • Web analytics • Web design and development • Web servers management • Full fluency in WordPress • Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
Software: • MATLAB • Simulink • Minitab • Maple • EViews • Stella Architect • EndNote • Tableau • Lingo • Power BI • R • Nvivo • MAXQDA • Atlas. ti • STAN • e!Sankey • Aspen Plus • CHEMCAD • WRATE • IWM‐2 • OPNET • Bootstrap Studio • Xojo • Operating Systems (Windows, macOS, and Linux) • Full proficiency in MS-Excel • MS-PowerPoint • MS-Word, and MS-Access.
- Diligency, responsibility, critical thinking, problem-solving, teamwork, leadership, and readiness.
- Creativity, adaptability, and tenacity.
- Communication, time management, goal orientation, and initiative.
- Profound academic writing, publishing, editing, and reviewing skills.
- Academic supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Innovative teaching skills utilizing modern and innovative IT technologies.
- Exceptional skills in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and its software and Life Cycle Inventory (LCI) databases with GaBi ts, SimaPro, open LCA, MiLCA, ecoinvent, and other LCI databases.
- Extensive knowledge and use of the popular LCI databases (e.g., GaBi databases, IDEA (Inventory Database for Environmental Analysis), ecoinvent, Agri-footprint, ELCD, Social Hotspots, and LC-Inventories.ch databases).
- Social Life Cycle Assessment (S-LCA).
- System process modeling & scenario development.
- Chemical process modeling, simulation, and optimization with Aspen Plus and CHEMCAD.
- Statistical analysis.
- In-depth literature analysis with Qualitative Data Analysis (QDA) using Nvivo, MAXQDA, and ATLAS.ti.
- Scenario development, modeling, simulation, analysis, and evaluation.
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Data visualization.
- Material Flow Analysis (MFA).
- Substance Flow Analysis (SFA).
- Renewable energy.
- Environmental policy.
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Sustainability science and transdisciplinary research skills.
- Development of integrated and holistic waste management systems: municipal solid waste, e-waste, disaster waste, chemical waste, and hazardous waste management.
- Development of sustainability indicators.
- Climate change mitigation: analysis and coping strategies.
- Sustainability assessment.
- Technology evaluation (environmental and economic perspectives).
- Total Material Requirement (TMR).
- 3R (Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle).
- Intensive knowledge & Skills in a wide range of Information Technology topics and tools.
- Full proficiency in the essential academic software & tools, including advanced levels in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Key Expertise and Skills
My research work is on multidisciplinary research themes and projects. I am specialized in sustainability, cleaner production, and environmental impact assessment, particularly in the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA), with 10+ years of experience and practice, including a wide range of industry-leading software such as GaBi ts, SimaPro, and openLCA. I also hold expert knowledge and acquaintance with the most available life cycle impact assessment databases. Equally well, LCA modeling approaches, inventory data generation, prediction, etc.
I am also specialized in urban environmental resource management with the practice of integrated approaches in sustainability science and life-cycle thinking. Another central function of my expertise is Material Flow Analysis (MFA), inventory analysis, scenario development, and scenario evaluation. Besides, technological assessment of the environmental performance of new technologies, including process modeling, simulation, and optimization.
I have reviewed 125+ peer-reviewed journal articles for 15+ journals. Journals such as the Journal of Cleaner Production, Journal of Environmental Management, and Resources, Conservation, and Recycling. I have also reviewed textbooks and textbook proposals, e.g., for Elsevier, John Wiley & Sons, and the International Journal of Environmental Studies.
I utilize a variety of software for my research work for data analysis, modeling, simulation, and other purposes. Below are the major tools that I use and have expert knowledge with.