- Critical thinking, problem-solving, teamwork, leadership, readiness.
- Creativity, adaptability, and tenacity.
- Communication, time management, goal orientation, responsibility, and initiative.
- Profound academic writing, publishing, editing, and reviewing skills.
- Academic supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Innovative teaching skills utilizing modern and innovative IT technologies.
- Exceptional skills in Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) and its software and Life Cycle Inventory (LCI) databases with GaBi ts, SimaPro, open LCA, MiLCA, ecoinvent, and other LCI databases.
- Extensive knowledge and use of the popular LCI databases (e.g., GaBi databases, IDEA, ecoinvent, Agri-footprint, ELCD, Social Hotspots, and LC-Inventories.ch).
- Social Life Cycle Assessment (S-LCA).
- System process modeling & Scenario development.
- Chemical process modeling, simulation, and optimization with Aspen Plus.
- Statistical analysis.
- In-depth literature analysis wit Qualitative Data Analysis (QDA) with Nvivo, MAXQDA, and ATLAS.ti.
- Scenario development, modeling, simulation, analysis, and evaluation.
- Qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Data visualization.
- Material Flow Analysis (MFA).
- Substance Flow Analysis (SFA).
- Renewable energy.
- Environmental policy, Sustainable.
- Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Sustainability science and transdisciplinary research skills.
- Development of integrated and holistic waste management systems: municipal solid waste, e-waste, disaster waste, and hazardous waste management.
- Development of sustainability indicators.
- Climate change mitigation: analysis and coping strategies.
- Sustainability assessment.
- Technology evaluation (environmental and economic perspectives).
- Total Material Requirement (TMR).
- 3R (Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle).
- Intensive knowledge & Skills of a wide range of Information Technology.
Full proficiency in the essential academic software & tools, including advanced levels on Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Key Expertise and Skills
Overall, my research work is on multidisciplinary research themes and projects. Nevertheless, I am specialized in environmental impact assessment, particularly in the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) with 8+ years of experience and practice. Including a wide range of industry-leading software such as GoBi t’s, SimaPro, and openLCA. I also hold expert knowledge and acquaintance with most of the available life cycle impact assessment databases. Equally well, LCA modeling approaches, inventory data generation, and prediction, etc.
I am as well specialized in urban environmental resource management, integrated approaches in sustainability science, and life-cycle thinking. Another central function of my expertise is Material Flow Analysis (MFA), inventory analysis, scenario development, and scenario evaluation. Besides, technological evaluation of the environmental performance of new technologies; including process modeling, simulation, and optimization.
Peer-reviews Activities (Journal reviews)
I have reviewed 125+ peer-reviewed journal article for 10+ journals. Journals such as the Journal of Cleaner Production, Journal of Environmental Management, and Resources, Conservation and Recycling. I have also reviewed textbooks and textbooks proposals, e.g., for Elsevier, John Wiley & Sons and the International Journal of Environmental Studies.
I utilize a variety of software for my research work for data analysis, modeling, simulation, and other purposes. Below are the major tools that I use and have expert knowledge with.